Pre Registration closes Monday February 6th 2023 at midnight if not sold out sooner , space is limited.
Pre-Registration timing no longer gets your Heat Starting Spot! At Check-in you will do a pill draw for Heat Starting Spot! The Driver or Their Handler must be present for Pill Draw! For this years event, tentatively based on current Pre-Registered car count, we will be running Heats & Features both Saturday & Sunday.
Motorama will supply every car with a transponder for every event. Please make sure you come with the 2nd generation transponder brackets, part #10002 only! The 2017 "xp" transponder clips will not work! Almost every track out there uses the 2nd generation transponders & mounting clip. You are not allowed to use your personal transponder.
MOTORAMA - QUARTER MIDGET RACING
FEBRUARY 18th & 19th, 2023
Saturday 9AM to 10PM
Sunday 9AM to 5PM
EACH RACER MUST BE REGISTERED INDIVIDUALLY, BUT MULTIPLE RACERS CAN BE REGISTERED UNDER ONE TRANSACTION
Quarter Midgets check into pits for participants and cars must enter through West side Main Entrance Saturday 7:00am to 10:00am Sunday 7:30am to 10:00am
SCHEDULE: - Schedule is approximate and subject to change
FRIDAY 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. - TRACK ASSEMBLY
FRIDAY 2:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M - CARS, PIT CARTS AND SUPPLIES CAN BE STAGED INSIDE OF BUILDING - NO TENTS ALLOWED! ALL FUEL JUGS MUST BE PLACED OUTSIDE OF SOUTHEAST GARAGE DOOR / FUELING AREA.
Friday 2:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M - CHECK IN - BRING ALL COMPLETED FORMS. DRIVERS AND HANDLERS MUST SIGN RELEASE FORMS. DRIVER MUST BE PRESENT.
SATURDAY 7:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M. - CHECK IN - DRIVERS AND HANDLERS MUST SIGN RELEASE FORMS. DRIVERS MUST BE PRESENT.
SATURDAY 9:30 A.M. - DRIVER AND HANDLER MEETING
SATURDAY 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. - QM PRACTICE NORTHWEST BUILDING
SATURDAY 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. - QM QUALIFIERS NORTHWEST BUILDING
SATURDAY 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. - LOWER MAINS
SUNDAY 8:30 A.M. - DRIVER AND HANDLER MEETING
SUNDAY 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. - FINISH LOWER MAINS NORTH WEST BUILDING
SUNDAY 12:00 P.M. TO 5:00 P.M. - A-MAINS
All A-MAINS participants get trophies
A-MAINS consists of 10 cars w/an X as alternate if needed. If there are only 11 cars in a class, all 11 cars will start A-MAINS.
Number of entries determine amount of MAINS per class.
NO TIRE TREATMENT ALLOWED.
NO FUEL CANS ALLOWED INSIDE OF BUILDING; CARS MUST BE TAKEN OUTSIDE TO BE FUELED & STARTED.
Fuel cans may be stored in the designed area outside the building (garage door will be determine). If you are found to have fuel cans inside the building, you will be issued a verbal warning. Second time found with fuel cans; your entire team will be disqualified for the weekend. Anyone found tampering with fuel outside will be suspended from all future events.
TIRE COMPETITION GUIDELINES
· Left and Right-side tires must be a currently manufactured tire by Hoosier. Any compound and size may be sued on the left side (Appendix 1-2021 USAC rulebook)
· Tire samples maybe taken at any time. Motorama will not reimburse for this.
· Tires must be in As Manufactured condition.
· No grinding, disfiguring, chemical covering, or permanent altering of SIDEWALL.
· No covering of compound number. Must be easily visible at scales when checked by a Motorama official.
· No tire tread replacement is permitted.
· Tire warmers not permitted.
· Durometer readings may be compared to a measurement benchmark at any time.
· Motorama reserves the right to change the tire competition guidelines at any time without prior notice.
· ABSOLUTELY NO TIRE TREATMENTS or tire warmers of any kind may be applied to tires. If found doing so, you will subject to disqualification.
SAFETY AND TECH REMINDER: It is your responsibility to be in compliance with safety and technical requirements laid out in the current USAC Rule Books. Spot safety and tech inspections can happen at any time during the event by Motorama Safety and Tech directors. Tech penalties will be enforced. A tech violation may result in being banned for all future Motorama events. We will be allowing the 20 degrees of timing on all Honda 120 UT3 engines.
PIT/HOT CHUTE/WRISTBANDS: Handlers Limitations. There is to be only two (2) handlers per car in the hot chute/pit area. Wristbands are to be worn and are required in order to gain admission onto the track or into the PIT/HOTCHUTE area. Must be over the age of 16, no exceptions! Engine, Chassis builders and Motorama Staff can be in the hot chute at any time. Please see the check in team for wrist band. We reserve the right to limit the number of people in the hot chute in all cases.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT: All attendees of the Motorama 2022 Quarter Midgets are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner that will be a credit to all quarter midget racers. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Those that cannot control their behavior can be disqualified and/or banned from Motorama.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUARTER MIDGET RACERS
1. The Quarter Midget portion of MOTORAMA will be organized and run by Mike Erlsten and his staff.
2. If more information is needed please reach out through the Motorama Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/motoramaquartermidgetracing/
3. Tentative race format is two separate shows with heats, lower mains and a mains. Subject to change, contingent on car count. Awards will be awarded both days but Motorama specialty awards are Sunday only.
4. All A-Main qualifiers on Sunday will receive a trophy however there must be 3 cars to make a class.
5. Mufflers Are Mandatory!
6. 2021 USAC engine rules will be followed
7. ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ONLY IN CLASSES WHERE IT IS NORMALLY USED,
8. Pump fuel/89 octane required on all other classes, no fuel additives allowed
9. The oval race course is a flat concrete surface approximately 1/10 of a mile in length.
10. All post entries at Harrisburg will be $ 60.00 per car for the 1st class and $50.00 for each additional. (Cash, Certified Check, or Money Orders only)
11. Starting positions are determined by pill draw.
12. ALL ORGANIZATIONS WELCOME: INDEPENDENT, Q.M.A., USAC
13. We suggest you purchase INDOOR electric in advance to avoid any onsite wait, though INDOOR electric can be purchased on site. To do so, see Joyce at the Arenacross registration table in the North Hall directly. Supplied INDOOR electrical tag must be on line at all times.
14. Racers online registration includes their personal weekend pass for the driver ONLY,
15. *****ALL ADDITIONAL TICKETS FOR PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS WILL NEED TO BE PURCHASED IN ADDITION TO THE DRIVER'S REGISTRATION COSTS. ANY FAMILY WITH MULTIPLE RACERS SHOULD ONLY PURCHASE ADDITIONAL ADMISSION PASSES ONCE.*****
16. Race entry includes 1 - 2 Day Race and Show Pass for driver only (Do not laminate your 2 day passes), and includes pit in building for racer and equipment,
17. Each class that has over 30 cars registered may be split into 2 separate races.
****Dear Parents, please understand that if you have multiple children racing you will need to register each child separately but can complete under one transaction*****
*****All applicants must sign and have notarized (if under 18) the minor liability release form, If you are a minor and neither of your parents are attending, we will mail you a minor release form. The release form must be turned in when you sign in at the races. A Notary will be staffed at registration for your convenience. Anyone entering with the racer before the show opens to public should purchase their ticket now. ****
****CARS AND EQUIPMENT ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE BROUGHT IN ON FRIDAY UNTIL 9:00 P.M. TO AVOID CONJESTION ON SATURDAY MORNING. THERE WILL BE A SECURE DEDICATED STAGING AREA FOR THOSE THAT ARRIVE AFTER 6:00 P.M. FRIDAY - THIS LOCATION IS OPPOSITE THE CONCESSION STAND/TO THE LEFT AND WILL BE MARKED ACCORDINGLY.****
*****SAVE MONEY, register in advance. On-site registration will be available at $ 60.00 for the first class and $50.00 for each additional class per racer , if not sold out in advance.*****
RACE ENTRY INCLUDES: (a) registration for either Saturday or Sunday racing or BOTH. (b) a one or two day Race and Show Pass (c) Free pit in building for racer and equipment.
A $20.00 parking pass fee has been added to your total purchase as the venue no longer offers free parking for participants. The advanced participant parking pass gains you quick access to the venue's parking lots. Be sure to display your parking pass when arriving Saturday and Sunday so staff knows you are a prepaid participant. If you will be bringing additional guests with you, please purchase their ticket(s) when you register so they receive participant passes to get into the show at 8:00am with you. All general admission passes are for 9:00am entry.
Important Event Information: After completion of your entry, go back to the registration page for participant information, maps and lodging links before coming to Harrisburg. It could make your Motorama visit less stressful.
Please direct all general event questions to the Motorama Events main office at 717-359-7056.
VIP reserved seating is now available in the Large Arena only, in very limited quantity and can be reserved here. All other areas of the show is general admission and does not guarantee seating in any arena.
Quarter midget racing is an all-time favorite for the younger racers. Racers from all over the east coast spend their winters gearing up for this exciting competition to determine who the masters are in their respective classes.
The Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex consists of several buildings, this overview will help you get to the "East and North East" buildings upon arrival.
Important information that pertains to quarter midget racing and setting up your pit area at the show. This is a must read for everyone.
Many general questions that you may have about the show can be answered here.